Friday, May 27, 2011

Welcome, Friends!

I've decided to set up a new blog, Peaceful Abolitionist! This blog will follow my thoughts and experiences of being a young vegan living in New Zealand.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Emmy and I became vegan 4 years ago at the age of 13. I inspired my whole family to give up animal products and go vegan. Here is my podcast episode about going vegan as a teenager.

I've been a nonviolent, caring person all my life. I wouldn't hurt a fly. I remember one day years and years ago, swatting a mosquito who landed on my arm (since, that's what people do to mosquitoes, right?) I felt absolutely terrible for ending her life. From then on, I wouldn't kill insects, at least not on purpose. I saw, and still see, all life as precious. I have high empathy for all animals, including humans. It's just the way I am, and always have been. I'm against all forms of violence and discrimination, and believe that ALL slavery - human and nonhuman - should be abolished. My dream is that one day, humans and nonhumans will coexist peacefully with one another.

This blog is for vegans and non-vegans wishing to know more about veganism. I'll be posting advice, yummy vegan recipes, quotes, my personal stories on being a young vegan in New Zealand, my view on news stories relating to animal rights (welfarism usually, I'm sure there are going to be a lot of those stories..) and more, so stay tuned!

Peace and love to all
~ Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment